Intermediate Handgun Course
Intermediate Handgun Course will teach proper drawing techniques, malfunction clearing and tactical reloading, proper use of cover/concealment and barricades, various shooting positions and shooting on the move.
Pistol w/2 extra magazines Holster w/good belt, magazine pouches, eye and ear protection, good shoes or boots- no sandals or flip flops, 200 rounds of ammunition
- Safety brief
- Unloaded Drills
- Sight Alignment
- Sight Picture
- Trigger Control
- Trigger reset
- Dry/Loaded Drills- demo- run dry- run hot Shoot Dots from ready pistol (stress finger out of trigger guard until ready to shoot)
- load with 6 rounds repeat as needed until students start hitting the target
- Shoot Dots from the holster
- Shoot Dots from concealed
- Reloading- emergency and Tactical
- Shot Placement On Target – shoot man style target
- Controlled Pairs
- Engaging 2 Targets
- Stepping off line- lateral movement – when loading on the open – move left
- Box Step- move left, move forward, move right, move back
- Moving and Shooting- smooth walk – heel to toe/ toe to heel.
- Forward Backward – Side to Side
- Cover and Concealment
- Moving to Cover
- Shooting From Cover
Requirements (not a new shooter course):
You will need two hundred rounds, carry gun, carry holster, cover, spare magazines and magazine pouch, eyes and ears (we can loan you these).
Maximum class size: 8
Minimum class size: 5
Sign Up for More Information
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Events & Courses
There are no upcoming events at this time.